Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

Failures while running on Mac OSX 10.5.6/pg 8.3.4

<<

Matthias Schmidt

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:56 pm

Failures while running on Mac OSX 10.5.6/pg 8.3.4

Hi - I'm running the automation test suite on Mac OSX 10.5.6 using PostgreSQL 8.3.4 to certify OpenBravo 2.40 on Glassfish v3 prelude.

I have problems with test #2 DeleteClient. I have created a bug for this issue:

https://issues.openbravo.com/view.php?id=8575

After banging my head on the very same wall for a couple of times, I've disabled #2 in build.xml to skip over it.

Now I'm hitting an assertion at #08.

I've added the test-report generated by the "report" target.

Could you guys please comment/advice?

cheers,

Matthias

Attachments
automation-report.tar.gz
(974 Bytes) Downloaded 654 times
<<

Leo Arias

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:04 am

RE:Failures while running on Mac OSX 10.5.6/pg 8.3.4

Hello Matthias, it's great to see you here.

The error you are getting is on the verify function of the Logout.java class. So, the most probable cause is that your openbravo server is taking to long to logout the user.

You can try increasing the LOGGING_TIMEOUT constant defined in com.openbravo.test.integration.common.TimeoutConstants.

<<

Matthias Schmidt

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:16 am

Hi - I've doubled the timeout without success. I get:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
at com.openbravo.test.integration.common.Login.verify(Login.java:111)
at com.openbravo.test.integration.smoke.masterdata.A_08_CreateProductCategory.testCreateProductCategory(A_08_CreateProductCategory.java:89)

But i guess this is just a follow-up problem because of previous runs. I had to disable test #1 - #7 in build.xml since I still don't get over test #2 (see bug 8575 )

My main issues are now:

1.) I need to get over test #2
2.) There has to be a roll-back strategy ( or ant target, or whatever) in case individual test fail.
3.) Major sections of the test ( possibly materdata, sales, production ) need to be self-contained and should be runnable individually.

How can I proceed now?

<<

Leo Arias

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Hello Matthias,

Your first issue is now scheduled and assigned to shuehner.

Regarding 2.), our smoke test is a complex integration test. The first tests are preconditions of the rest of the suite. You can see the entire matrix of dependencies in the ant tasks of build.xml. Because of that there's no an easy way to roll-back a single test. In addition that's not the objective of this integration test, that's something we are planning for dbunit tests in the future. The objective of this test is to run the entire suite, and we do it on a daily basis for 3 Openbravo versions. We added the rollback strategy thanks to your suggestions, but it requires to delete the client and rerun the entire suite, and that's your issue 1.)

About 3.), those sections of the smoke suite can't be self contained because of the preconditions I mentioned earlier. However you can run individual sections using the ant parameter -Dtestclass with the value of the class or suite that you wan't to run. Here is an example:

ant test.integration -Dtestclass=com.openbravo.test.integration.smoke.masterdata.A_01_InitialClientSetup

pura vida :)

Return to 2.40 automation support