Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

openbravo 3:Product Parent Category

<<

yu wang

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 am

openbravo 3:Product Parent Category

Product  Category should have a Parent Category .And Product  Category  of product window should be tree catalog .

Do the developer team agree me?

Attachments
catalog1.jpg
catalog1.jpg (974 Bytes) Viewed 8940 times
catalog2.jpg
catalog2.jpg (974 Bytes) Viewed 8934 times
<<

Paolo Juvara

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:08 pm

RE:openbravo 3:Product Parent Category

Yes, we agree.

Unfortunately we have not been able to get to implement this feature yet. You can express your support for this functionality at:

http://openbravo.uservoice.com/forums/13955-openbravo-erp/suggestions/137108-hierarchical-product-categories

As you can see, so far it only received 6 votes so it is not a high priority requirement.

Paolo

------------

Follow me at http://www.google.com/profiles/pjuvara#buzz

<<

yu wang

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:59 am

I tell this to one customer.They think Openbravo product management is demo,not product env.

<<

Ismael Ciordia Vela

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Openeis,

would you like to develop this feature and contribute it to the project? We can guide you if you are interested.

Best,

Ismael

<<

Yusuf Padmakusuma

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Ismael,

The same feature also required by some of our customers in Indonesia. I would be glad to contribute to the project.

Regards

Yusuf
<<

yu wang

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:14 am

Hi Ismael,

I very like to  contribute it to the project. Today I read Contributor's Guide .

Now I am product management for business software in my company .  Before now I have been a project management ,Requirements analyst,DB2 DBA(I am Certificatetion DB2 DBA),WebSphere Administrator,Tester and so on.

But I never be a programmer. I only know a little Java EE with JSF2.0/EJB3.X/JPA .So how do I developer the feather ?

According to Contributor's Guide ., I can do the following thing:

Contributing ideas and feature requests

Testing early releases

Reporting issues on 3 version

improve documentation  on 3 vesion ,special Localization documentaion

Participate in the forums and help other users

Maybe after six month I can write code .

Post Edited by openeis at 02/25/2011 05:16
<<

Ismael Ciordia Vela

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi Openeis and Yusuf,

sorry for late reply, we are very busy with Openbravo 3 last steps. I suggest you work together -I know about other member in the community interested in this topic- to contribute this functionality. There are several aspects in this thread:

• Fix the behaviour of the Product Category tree included in core

• Ability to add new trees linked to core tables from external modules. Includes the ability to support more than one tree linked to a table

• Better usability when editing/browsing trees (eg. support tree view as an alternative to grid view)

• New reference type: hieararchycal drop-down list for entities linked to tree

I suggest the following next steps:

1. Both of you to read our Contributor's Guide and send us a signed copy of the contributor's agreement (see Legal aspects section in that document)

2. I will put Yusuf in contact with a developer in Openbravo team that will be your mentor. He will guide you through the documentation you need to read (setup development environment, main Openbravo concepts,  etc.) and will prepare some simple exercises (mostly bug fixing) to put in practice what you learn. Those bug fixes will be code reviewed and commited to the Openbravo code repository as your first contribution to the project. This way the learning moves gradually from simple tasks to more complex. And we build a win-win relationship: you get trained while we get back your contributions. The timing for this phase depends a lot on your skills and availability.

3. In parallel you can write down together the functional and technical documentation in the Openbravo wiki. Your mentor will guide you in this process. You should define the scope and phases of the project. It is very important to follow a gradual approach: split the project into small parts that can be fully delivered. This step can be done in parallel with the previous.

4. Develop the feature. Again you will be guided by your mentor and your code will be fully code reviewed by him. Once the feature is completed (including updates in the user documentation) it will be committed to the Openbravo code repository.

Following this approach you will be able to learn from an Openbravo expert and it will streamline your learning curve quite a bit.

Please let me know if you have any doubt on the process. We are ready to start as soon as you do the first step.

Looking forward your reaction,

Ismael

<<

Ismael Ciordia Vela

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:34 pm

I've just realized that the project was already created: http://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/Projects/Tree_Extension

Still my proposed next steps are valid (but the third step already initiated).

Ismael

<<

Yusuf Padmakusuma

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi Ismael,

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to meet my mentor, and likewise, would be glad to work together with openeis.

Regards

Yusuf

<<

yu wang

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:07 pm

I will send a mail for agreement or by fax.

Next

Return to Early Releases Discussion