Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

Openbravo RC 4 Cannot get to login screen

<<

Lim Han Jin

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:45 am

Openbravo RC 4 Cannot get to login screen

Hi,

I have been playing with RC 4 recently and it has an awesome new interface. However, i am having some problem. when i try to acces the system via a workstation, i get "Your browser's cache has outdated files. Please clean it and reload the page openbravo" error. So i clear the cache and i still get the same problem. the workstation is running on the following I3, Windows 7 32bit. This problem persist with all browsers ie, firefox and chrome. I have installed firefox 4 and the problem still persists. Any Ideas Anyone?

<<

David Baz

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:14 pm

RE:Openbravo RC 4 Cannot get to login screen

To show or not this message there is a check:

* If you take a look to the source code (right button -> this frame -> view source code, in Firefox) of the login page (the one is giving you the cache message), you have this line

if ((!revisionControl('XXXXX')) || (isOpsInstance() != isOpsInstanceCached())) {

where XXXXX is a number

* If you take a look (also in the browser) to the code of utils.js, located at http://yourserver:port/yourwebcontent/web/js/utils.js you have these lines

function getCurrentRevision() {

var number = 'XXXXX';

return number;

}

in both cases, these XXXXX numbers must match. Obviously they don't in your case.

How to debug de problem?

In your sources, check the following files:

repository/web/js/utils.js

src/org/openbravo/erpCommon/security/Login.html

and ensure that both numbers match. If they don't, write the same number in both cases and recompile.

If both numbers match in your sources, the next step is check both files in your WebContent folder (or webapps or wherever your files are deployed to be served)

WebContent/src-loc/design/org/openbravo/erpCommon/security/Login.html

WebContent//web/js/utils.js

and ensure that both numbers match. If they don't (but they do in the sourcers -the previous check-): recompile.

if both numbers match in your WebContent/webapps, but not in your browser (the first check), so you still see the cache login message, means that:

* You have a problem with the way your server is managing the cache, since you are receiving outdated files

or

* You are through a proxie that blocks you to have the recent/real files

If you have any question of the process, please feel free to ask!

Regards.

David

<<

Motlalepula Sompane

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Openbravo RC 4 Cannot get to login screen

Hi David et. al

I have the same problem as the OP. I'm also getting the same message albeit after rolling into MP4.

I checked my number both in CATALINA%HOME and in my OB repository. I have a perfect match. All four numbers are a perfect match as a matter of fact. I suppose this leaves me with the proxy server not allowing proper communication between clients and server? But, I also have the same problem even when running OB from the server itself.

Please assist. Than you

Regards
Sompane

Return to Early Releases Discussion