Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

Has anyone tried to Update from RC3 to RC5 or RC6?

<<

Satoru Kengaku

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:53 am

Has anyone tried to Update from RC3 to RC5 or RC6?

Hi

I have been trying to update my RC3 instance to RC5, and now to RC6. I'm using Cloud Appliance.

Even though, my current modules are as attached, Module Management suggests only three modules to be updated:

2.50 to 3.00 Compatibility Skin 2.0.11592 (RC6) (current 2.0.11592 (RC6)) - view details - Maturity Level: Controlled 

Release (Learn more)

JSON REST Webservice 2.0.11592 (RC6) (current 2.0.11592 (RC6)) - view details - Maturity Level: Controlled Release (Learn 

more)

Core 3.0.11592 (RC6) (current 3.0.11592) - view details - Maturity Level: Controlled Release (Learn more)

I triled to install these and rebuild, but it fails and messed up the instance.

Does anyone have any ideas about it?

As for Module Management setup, I allowd Control Release, or QA, but no differences.

Kengaku, Satoru

Attachments
rc3_modules.csv
(974 Bytes) Downloaded 100 times
<<

Dmitry Mezentsev

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 pm

RE:Has anyone tried to Update from RC3 to RC5 or RC6?

Hello,

I have just installed new RC3 appliance and scaned for updates in it and got 15 available updates (which is expected behavior).

MMC is configured to pull updates in Controlled Release (actually this is default configuration for RCs).

So my assumption at the moment is that some dependencies declared in your modules are causing partial retreival of updates (maybe some module uses Minor version enforcement in the dependencies declared to particular version of 3.0 Template or sth).

I will try to dig it and will let you know if I find something (or not :-)).

In addition to that I want to mention that according to your file you have one of your modules "In Development". Please don´t forget to export all the changes your did before rebuilding, http://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/ERP/2.50/Update_Tips#Before_rebuilding. And in general in Production system there should not be modules with "In Development" status = Yes.

Regards,

Dmitry.

<<

Dmitry Mezentsev

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Update:

>So my assumption at the moment is that some dependencies declared in your modules are causing partial retreival of updates (maybe some module uses Minor version enforcement in the >dependencies declared to particular version of 3.0 Template or sth).

Looking manually from the modules definition in the Central Repository - everything is OK.

Could you please execute following ant task from the OpenbravoERP folder, "ant check.module.consistency, http://goo.gl/Qe2IP" to verify that locally modules are also declared correctly?

Thanks,

Dmitry.

<<

Satoru Kengaku

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:15 am

Hello Dmitry

Thanks a lot, as soon as I'll be back, I will run the ant task.

One strange thing is that, as long as my env. are concernted, two local RC3 instances and one Amzon instance, the all have the same problem,,,,sigh,,,,

Regards

Kengaku, Satoru

<<

Dmitry Mezentsev

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:03 pm

Hello Satoru,

>One strange thing is that, as long as my env. are concernted, two local RC3 instances and one Amzon instance, the all have the same problem,,,,sigh,,,,

Actually if all your instances have the same modules installed then it might be even proving that these modules are causing this situation to happen. So lets see the validation resutls.

Regards,

Dmitry.

<<

Satoru Kengaku

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:03 am

Thanks a lo----t!!

I found an inconsistent translation module, and once I uninstalled Modules Management works fine!!

<<

Dmitry Mezentsev

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:13 am

Great, welcome!

Return to Early Releases Discussion