Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

Use of Openbravo 2.50

<<

Suhas Mahamuni

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 am

Use of Openbravo 2.50

Hi all,

I am new to Open bravo. Our company wants to use open bravo erp 2.50. So I want to learn all the things about open bravo 2.50. How to use it and from where to start. Please reply.
<<

Iván Perdomo

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Re: Use of Openbravo 2.50

Hi,
Openbravo 3 was released yesterday. I suggest you try Openbravo 3.
http://www.openbravo.com/about-us/press ... ravo-3.php

If you are still trying to work with 2.50 all the documentation available is in the wiki in the ERP_2.50 namespace
http://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/ERP_2.50:Index

Regards,

Iván
<<

Cheli Pineda

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Openbravo 3 was released yesterday but it has 237 open bugs.

https://issues.openbravo.com/roadmap_page.php

Openbravo says that OpenbravoMP0 is a stable version, but obviously it isn't.

I suggest you use Openbravo 2.50 instead.
<<

Dmitry Mezentsev

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Cheli Pineda wrote:Openbravo 3 was released yesterday but it has 237 open bugs.
https://issues.openbravo.com/roadmap_page.php
Openbravo says that OpenbravoMP0 is a stable version, but obviously it isn't.
I suggest you use Openbravo 2.50 instead.

Hi Suhas,

Link from the above does not tell about absolute number of open bugs neither in Openbravo 3 nor in Openbravo 2.50.
What it shows is the current plan in terms of in which release we are going to fix those bugs because it is based on the Target Version of the issue independently of the release in which the issue was discovered (could be in 2.40, 2.50 or in Openbravo 3).
And this number will be even growing for Openbravo 3 because we are planning to start "cleaning" all the backlog of issues we have reported in all the releases (old and new). Majority of those issues do not have Target Version field filled in yet and we will be filling it with Openbravo 3 MPs because issues will be fixed in it (as it is latest available release) and only some of those fixes (Critical ones or from Professional Edition customers) will be back ported to 2.50 / 2.40.

And what is happening now?
It is not that easy to retrieve precise statistics about absolute number of the issues in the 2.50 and in 3.0 release due to the fact that while registering issues people sometimes forget to set up product version.
Using those issues that have product version filled in and date filters for pi, main and none product versions (assuming that after we released RC1 on 16.07.2010 nothing is reported for the pi and main for 2.40 and 2.50 but only for 3.0) we have:
* 325 in pi, main and none for 2000 January 01 - 2010 July 15 + 477 that have 2.40 and 2.50 product version = 802 open issues reported for 2.50 and 2.40.
* 397 in pi, main and none for 2010 July 16 - 2011 June 20 + 89 that have 3.0 product version = 486 issues reported for 3.0.

So that are the figures.
One can argue that newest release inherits issues from old once. And there is some truth behind it.
At the same time for sure at least half of the things that were reported as issues in 2.50 are now completely redesigned in 3.0 and are not applicable to it.

Independent of the release total number is quite big. We know about it and it was the choice we did based on the analysis of priorities of the functionality that we deliver in Openbravo 3. Actually as I commented above those features were addressing quite a big portion of bugs registered for the product.
And now we are planning clean-up of that old backlog and we are going to reduce these numbers a lot fixing them in Openbravo 3 (for those issues that are relevant to it). Our ambitious task is to say that Openbravo 3 is bugs free.

Based on that to tell which version of the product is more stable right now is a quite questionable topic. My personal choice and recommendation is Openbravo 3. And knowing future plans it is crystal clear.

Anyway both versions are available so try them and chose the one that fits your needs most.

It would be great to hear your opinion here.
<<

Cheli Pineda

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:04 pm

what a Liar you are Dmitry, you deceived your customers in this thread and you are doing again here. As you say, the roadmap tell us how many bugs you have planned to fix in each version. If you have planned to fix 36 bugs in 2.50MP30 (the next one) and you have planned to fix 226 in 3MP1, according to your words, " to tell which version of the product is more stable right now is a quite questionable topic".

Well, lets look at the last released versions(these are not plans, these are released versions):

2.50MP30: 27 defects
2.50MP29: 60 defects

3MP0: 167 defects
3rc7: 138 defects

This are real data. (Ironic mode on)With this data in the hand you are right, I'm not able to say which version is more stable.

The joke is that you say 3.0, that is a just released version, is equal or more stable than a version that was released on 16/04/2009. This says a lot about the work that openbravo has done to stabilize 2.50 version.

What's your next thick?
<<

Dmitry Mezentsev

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am

Cheli Pineda wrote:Well, lets look at the last released versions(these are not plans, these are released versions):

2.50MP30: 27 defects
2.50MP29: 60 defects

3MP0: 167 defects
3rc7: 138 defects

This are real data. (Ironic mode on)With this data in the hand you are right, I'm not able to say which version is more stable.

Once again (as in the previous post you referred to) clear and thank you Cheli for your input.
That´s really novel approach to judge about stability just based on the number of fixed issues and without taking in account overall number of OPEN issues for each release. We would be thinking on reducing our Support Team and bugs fixing activities to zero - who cares about issues inflow and total backlog of open issues - it occurred the main thing is to keep number of fixed issues low :shock: .

Fuh. Finally good to have issue tracker open, anyone can get information from it, explore it and for sure make better judgement.

Take care.
<<

zaien aji trahutomo

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 am

I'm sorry before for this advertising
Openbravo tutorial, visit wirabumisoftware.id.or.id
I have also services regarding Openbravo SaaS (both of software as a service AND software and a service), we will supoort you year 2 year.

Return to Early Releases Discussion