Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

User Interface general

<<

Parhs pasokos

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:32 pm

User Interface general

Hello guys,

Searching for erp i found out that most of them are web based and not desktop based.

I was looking for a good user interface because the employers at the company i cooperate are used to terminal based(text user interfaces) .

Data input in text user interfaces is super fast. For example filling order lines was easy.. just typing code hit enter and then up down arrow.. then enter then quantity and then enter and automatically next line...

In openerp that is a headachke.. You have to click, find the textbox that you should fill then click "save and new" and then should click again the textbox to get focus...

I think that Application thing at upper left corner is better than left menu navigation.At first it was like a WTF but when you get used to it is lot better...

However i would add some extra shortcuts....

After pressing ctrl + alt + m , it would be nice to jump just by typing a number or letter...

Like typing w to get me to warehouse...

Also ctrl alt o  it would be nice if custom shortcuts had priority..

Also at demo... scrolling is terribly slow...

<<

Rob Goris

Post Mon May 09, 2011 10:45 am

RE:User Interface general

Hi Parhs

Thanks for the feedback. OB3 was designed with high user productivity in mind, that´s why keyboard shortcuts are important. We´re not done with them yet .After lots of research and discussion we concluded that it is impossible to find the perfect set for all platforms https://issues.openbravo.com/view.php?id=16578 ) but we still want to replace and add some hotkeys before GA so bear with us. 

This said, it is encouraged to create your own set, which you can do via the Preference window:

• as System Administrator

• Quick Launch -> Preference

• in the column "Property" write Keyboard

• and there you have the three config places

Also see images attached.

I like your idea of extending the application menu access with first-character access ("w" for warehouse) - but do note that the arrow and enter keys already work now. Either way i have created a feature request for your idee (https://issues.openbravo.com/view.php?id=17062 )

About scrolling being slow...what do you mean exactly? Scrolling vertically in the grid? Please check again as we´ve been improving performance a lot in the last weeks.

Thanks

Rob

Attachments
ks1.png
ks1.png (974 Bytes) Viewed 6954 times
ks2.png
ks2.png (974 Bytes) Viewed 6956 times
<<

kaspersky1

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 am

Re: User Interface general

GUI stands for a graphical user interface. It is the interface we are using now a days on each and everything i.e in windows operating system, smartphones, ATM machine and more. It is attractive and easy to use. CUI is Command line user interface. Visit: https://kasperskysupportnumber.co.uk/bl ... error-501/

Return to User Experience Lab