Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

Project profitability review

<<

Rafa Roda Palacios

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Project profitability review

Any area of improvement is welcome :)

Post Edited by rafaroda at 10/01/2009 04:56
<<

Rafa Roda Palacios

Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 pm

RE:Project profitability review

<<

Galder Romo

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:25 am

Hi,

On this particular case, I believe most important thing is trying to undertand how works right now. For sure, we can define what we really want to have, but this will be build on top of what we have or at least trying to reuse as much as possible. Therefore, in my honest opinion, we should first document who actual report works, understand how data is managed and make enhancements later on.

For example:

Right now, based on what database data are theorical and real service revenues calculated? And Costs? And Margin? What makes the difference between Service and Expenses? How does the report make the difference between service collection and cost collection? I think a clear description will really help on this process.

Actually, documented user history on the wiki I think are really interesting.

Other important parameters are:

-production (total thorical proyect amount  * real invoiced / collected)

-work in progres (production / invoiced)

Galder

<<

Rafa Roda Palacios

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:48 am

Thank you for your comments Galder.

Project Profitability Report is documented since many months at http://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/Functional_Documentation/Project_and_Service_Management#Project_Profitability The functional specs also gives some clues http://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/Projects/Project_Profitability_Review/Functional_Specification#Current_functionality

"Other important parameters are:

-production (total thorical proyect amount  * real invoiced / collected)

-work in progres (production / invoiced)"

Can you please extend these values?

Cheers!

<<

Enric Alegre i Bayarri

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi Rafa

I have read the project profitability review document and I find it very interesting since we are working for a customer who has needs of project tracking similar to the ones described in that document.

We would be interested in developing some of those new functionalities. Please, contact me and let's see if we can make a team work.

Thanks

Enric Alegre

Obèrtic

<<

Dmitry Mezentsev

Post Fri May 07, 2010 6:03 pm

Hello Enric,

Thank you for your interest in this project.

From one side sorry to say that but at the moment from our end we put this it on hold course we are focusing on 3.0 Roadmap. Nowadays we are not planning to return to this project in about 1 year time.

From another side I think it opens very good opportunity to take it over from our hands and move it forward owned by you for example as a commercial module.  With that you will be able not only to fulfill requirements of your current customer but also to offer it to all OB Community through the Exchange.  Actually depends on the way how the projects evolves and if you like the idea and experience and provide generic and improved Projects Management solution it can be positioned as a replacement and recommended replacement of OB functionality.

If you have any feedback or questions please don´t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Dmitry.

Return to Discussion