Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

Comments about the low level design

<<

Asier Zabaleta

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:31 pm

Comments about the low level design

Hi Mukesh and Kim:

I have read the low level design and here are my comments.

First of all I need to have privileges in this project to be able to edit wiki pages, create new ones, etc etc. Can you give me?

Regarding the table and new column names: Be careful because in 2.50 modularity exists and the module you are going to create needs to have a prefix, and assign that prefix to every table/column you create. So, the R_ preffix I think it needs to be changed for some 4-5 letters prefix. http://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/ERP/2.50/Developers_Guide/How_To_Create_and_Package_a_Module

Regarding the usecount column. What for do you need this column? I think if sometime we need to know how many times a template has been used, with a simple query to the log table would be easy, right? Am I missing something?

The rest of the template is OK :)

Regarding the mail sending part: You mean that when clicking OK button it will display a pop up with the emails selected in the previous filters, right ? and then the user can change anything or not. Right?

Regarding the 2 sending types: I did not understand wether I should choose between provision 1 or 2. i dont understand the problem very well, but the images need to be send in the body of the email. Can you explain in other words so I can undertsand the problem?

Regarding the scheduling option: I like the idea. Are you sure you can create a process to be executed only once. This would be great as you explain. 

Regarding the log table: Be careful with the table prefix. I dont see anywhere how you will manage to know if a email has been read or not and the date.

For the weekly update, it would be great if you could upload the module (obx) to the project repository as it is at that point and create a forum message explaining what has been achieved that week and how to test it. Then I can download the module every week and take a look how it works. This way we can anticipate to misunderstandings.

What do you think?

Cheers and good work.

Asier

<<

Mukesh koshy

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:43 pm

RE:Comments about the low level design

Regarding the table and new column names:

The current mail template module uses table the “R_Mail” table to store templates. We are planning on reusing the same tables. We don’t see any issues in creating separate tables can we use “mail” as prefix. Is that fine?

Regarding the usecount column.

Logs may grow larger in size. So we planned a provision for users. The user may delete the log. In such a scenario mail count will not work. This was our reason for keeping a separate field.

Regarding the mail sending part:

On clicking the “OK” button, a pop up will be displayed with the emails selected using the previous filters. User cannot change anything within this pop up, this is only a confirmation page.

Regarding the 2 sending types:

No issues, we will keep images in the body of mail.

Regarding the scheduling option:

Our plan is to have a provision in Open bravo (Timing-> run later). Will this work?

Regarding the log table:

Data comes to log table also via a process. This process will execute repeatedly at certain intervals. However, this will only process the unread mail in order to get data in the fields STATUS and DATE_OPENING.

What do you think?

We expect your valuable comments.

Thanks for the support you are providing.

<<

Asier Zabaleta

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:29 pm

RE:Comments about the low level design

Find my answers inside yours.

mukeshkoshym

Wrote:

Regarding the table and new column names:

The current mail template module uses table the “R_Mail” table to store templates. We are planning on reusing the same tables. We don’t see any issues in creating separate tables can we use “mail” as prefix. Is that fine?

OK to this. Maybe MAIL001 would be best, because I prefer our prefix to be worldwide unique.

Regarding the usecount column.

Logs may grow larger in size. So we planned a provision for users. The user may delete the log. In such a scenario mail count will not work. This was our reason for keeping a separate field.

OK again.

Regarding the mail sending part:

On clicking the “OK” button, a pop up will be displayed with the emails selected using the previous filters. User cannot change anything within this pop up, this is only a confirmation page.

OK again 

Regarding the 2 sending types:

No issues, we will keep images in the body of mail.

Regarding the scheduling option:

Our plan is to have a provision in Open bravo (Timing-> run later). Will this work?

I dont know much on how to schedule processes, so I cant be of much help here.

Regarding the log table:

Data comes to log table also via a process. This process will execute repeatedly at certain intervals. However, this will only process the unread mail in order to get data in the fields STATUS and DATE_OPENING.

OK.

What do you think?

We expect your valuable comments.

Thanks for the support you are providing.

I like the way this is going and Im looking forward to see some advances ;) Continue the good work!

Asier

Return to Discussion