Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

Compisitions

<<

Helder Teixeira

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:45 pm

RE:Compisitions

Hi,

Could you try and make a category with an id of '0'? (the name is not important) For this you'll need phpmyadmin or similiar because if you create the category on openpos it'll generate an id.

Take care
<<

Darren Jones

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:22 pm

I am using MySQL not Derby, my problem is when i create the database, then use openpos to create the tables for me, it fails to create all tables due to the error below, i have used the derby DB and it does work, but my preference is to use MySQL because its what i know and i'm comfortable with,

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException:

Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`openpos`.`products`, CONSTRAINT `products_ibfk_5` FOREIGN KEY (`CATEGORY`) REFERENCES `categories` (`ID`))

I tried to use the SQL dump provided in this tread, i got all the tables created but then i started up OpenPOS and it said that my database was not complete or something and would not use it, so i'm still a little puzzled as to how i can get this going, i've got customers asking me every week when we're going to start selling combo's in the store that i run.

if anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Darren
<<

Helder Teixeira

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi,

If you're using version 2.30.2 the MySQL script should not fail on database creation.

There was an error on a previous commit relating customer statement and epm but both we're fixed.

The DB script fails on Derby on the epm module but compositions work. They always did since commit 1.

Infact there's only one bug on compositions that I know of (but I could be wrong): you cannot remove a subproduct from a category but that's just it.

About the dump provided you should not use it because there's a custom view that fails and is not needed and the script was altered since then to comply to 2.30.2 changes.

So I'm sorry but I don't know what's going on there.

Take care
<<

Darren Jones

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:30 am

Brilliant!! i didn't realize there was another version out, i went to check after i posted the last message, things work as they should, that rocks!

good work guys,

Regards,

Darren

ps: is there a help file lurking about somewhere to explain all the buttons on the sales screen, discount per item, click the notepad and discounts whole bill etc, there is another button with lots of little squares and i haven't figured that one out yet.
<<

Helder Teixeira

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi,

If you click the notepad the discount will be applied to the total of the ticket otherwise it apllies it to the selected product.

The squares is the same but you enter the discount rate with the keypad.

Take care
Previous

Return to Open discussion