Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

Scenario 1: Jim, The Computer Seller

<<

Rob Goris

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:43 am

Scenario 1: Jim, The Computer Seller

Jim is a computer seller in a large electronics store. An interested customer approaches Jim telling him that he wants a quote for the BigBook Pro laptop. Jim does not know who the customer is at this stage and wants to create a quote. Later on he closes the sale, identifies the customer and converts the quote into a sales order. The payments is made directly against the sales order and the sales invoice is created.

Typical Tasks:

• Creating a quote without specifying the business partner

• Saving and printing a quote without having specified the business partner

• Applying discounts with or without having price lists

• Creating a business partner

• Checking whether business partner exists perhaps

• Finding a business partner

• Creating a sales order

• Finding an old sales order and reusing it

• Finding products

• Checking stock

• Make payments at the same time

• Create invoice

• Print sales order or invoice

Update 25-06: Added user feedback after last sessions

Update 13-07:minor changes + added help tab 

Post Edited by rgoris at 13/07/2010 23:35
Attachments
eso-01-jim.pdf
(974 Bytes) Downloaded 127 times
<<

Jan Hendrik Mensen

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:27 pm

RE:Scenario 1: Jim, The Computer Seller

Hi Rob,

I have difficulty with scenario description. I seriously believe that in the exact scenario that is outlined Openbravo will not be applied as the weapon of choice. It is possible but it is not typical imo. More typical would be to change Jim to Call Center Sales representative and is called by a new or unknown undustrial customer for a quote on 10 pallets of packaging material of a certain type. In this case loyalty cards and direct payment is not an option.

In general I think the market is trending towards using Webshop and/or CRM as a sales platform where ERP is just used for background order registration and financial management. A really sensible development in this respect would be providing an API to easily connect 3rd party software. Same way Salesforce is building it's succesful application.

I realize your previous down-to-earth comment. I am just saying that Openbravo's could be even more succesfull if we helped our customers doing business in a future-proof (multiplatform) way and not the way they are used to doing it now, cuz I think that's what we're trying to achieve with this scenario. I'm not saying this effort is useless (far from that), I am saying that it would be good for business to also look cross-platform and what optimal process-flows would be taking into account other applications.

Regards,

Jan Hendrik
<<

Dmitry Mezentsev

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:02 pm

RE:Scenario 1: Jim, The Computer Seller

Hi Rob,

Minor comment regarding details of the flow

* Slide 13. "The system informs the user that a similar or identical record already exists in order to avoid duplicates." Should this check be done before completing the lines with address - while entering Header based on the customer?

Dmitry.

Return to Discussion