Openbravo Forum End of Life Notice

Dear Openbravo Forum User,

Because of continued very low usage we decided to stop the forums on 31st of August 2017

In case of questions: webmaster "at" openbravo.com

Stock Management for Restaurants

<<

Clinton Wright

Post Wed May 16, 2012 9:12 am

Stock Management for Restaurants

I have been looking at implementing Openbravo POS for many years now and there have been a few things have been a draw back to me that have prevented me from doing that. The first and foremost thing is can you do the following:

I have a Cheese and Tomato sandwich. It consists of a slice of cheese, tomato and bread. I want to do a costing and stock inventory for control purposes. For example say I have 16 slices of bread in loaf of bread and 5 slice of tomato on average in 1 tomato and when I place an order for 1 cheese and tomato sandwich, 2 slices of tomato, 1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of bread be deducted from the stock list? I can make products for each of these, i.e tomato slice, cheese slice and bread slice and make these auxillary products and link them to a normal non auxillary product i.e. a tomato, loaf of bread and block of cheese but how do I say ok I have used 16 slices of bread, subtract 1 load of bread, I have used 5 slices of tomato, subtract 1 tomato?

This has been the greatest obsticle in implementing OpenbravoPOS to its fully degree into a restaurant. It has lots of nice features, but how to accomplish this feature is beyond me. I am experimenting with the software even now. Please do comment and give feedback.
<<

Sofia

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Stock Management for Restaurants

Very nice post

Return to Questions