Cannot enable Heartbeat - no internet connection

<<

Regis Matejcik

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Cannot enable Heartbeat - no internet connection

New to Openbravo. Not sure if its going to work for us, but it looks promising.

When I tried to enable Heartbeat, I got the following message:

Heartbeat Configuration
java.lang.Exception: There was a problem establishing a connection to the internet. If you are behind a firewall or connect to the internet through a proxy please make sure your settings are correct.

I'm using the "bridged adapter" option in VBox. I've gone to the router and opened ports 80 and 443 for the ip of the virtual machine. I'm not using a proxy server. Tried to look in logs for a clue, but found nothing useful.

Any ideas on what the issue would be? All suggestions welcome!
<<

Regis Matejcik

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: Cannot enable Heartbeat - no internet connection

hmmm.... 37 views and no replies

.....guess I'll take this to the VirtualBox and OpenSuse forum

I'll post the solution - once I find it.
<<

Regis Matejcik

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 am

Re: Cannot enable Heartbeat - no internet connection

Still trying to answer my own post. Managed to disable the host firewall settings - no change. Also tried to find if there was a specific port that openbravo used, other than 80 for and internet connection. The ISP router will only allow one IP address to open any single port. I'm wondering if both the host and the guest should have forwarded ports... but that would seem to be unneeded with the "bridged" connection where the virtual machine was bridged to the host ethernet connection.

I've further discovered that not only does "heartbeat" not connect, but the system as a whole seems to be blocked from internet connection.

Will try to post a solution if I find one. Hard to believe I'm the only one that had this issue.

Return to Help