Custom fields

<<

Irati Etxeberria

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Custom fields

Hi,

I need to import data (Products for the moment) and I have downloaded this module for this purpose.

I've done the required configuration (all good), but the problem is that my "m_product" table contains some fields that I don't know how to import.

Question: what do I need to do in order to import custom fields using this module?

Many thanks

<<

Adrian Romero

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 pm

RE:Custom fields

Hello

The quick answer is you cannot. Unfortunately Initial Data Load is not prepared to add new fields to the import processed created. But if you still want to do this, at the moment there are two ways.

* The hard one is to edit the source code of the Initial Data Load project and add the new fields you need to import manually. This involves to edit the java import process that for products is the java class "ProductsProcess" and the Talend import job that is "product job", recompile Openbravo ERP and import the data

* Other option is in a first step to import all fields that Initial Data Load takes care, and in a second step import the remaining fieds into the table using another import method

Best regards

Adrián Romero

<<

Irati Etxeberria

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:37 pm

RE:Custom fields

Thank you.

That's the answer I needed. I initially considered the first option, but now I think that the second one is a quicker and more pragmatic approach.

Return to Discussion