Mutilple Product Vendor combinations

<<

Nik Meimarides Meimarides

Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Mutilple Product Vendor combinations

Hi,

I have a very large number of products to import. Over 730,000 and some of the have multiple vendors that supply the product bringing the total to over 1.1 million.

Using the original import process is extremely cumbersome due to the fact that you cannot have duplicate “Values” in the i_product table at time of import. This means deleting the old import and adding an new set of products that will update the existing product and add an new m_product_po row.

I have not yet downloaded the IDL tool yet but would like to know if it can handle this scenario and also the large volume of data.

Regards,

Nik Meimarides
<<

Adrian Romero

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:00 pm

RE:Mutilple Product Vendor combinations

Hello

Initial Data Load does not follow the restrictions of the table I_PRODUCT, but it does follow the restrictions of the actual table C_PRODUCTS, I mean in the master data window for products you cannot have two products with the same "search key" because there exists a unique constraint for that field. And the same is for Initial Data Load.

Related to the number of products to be imported, there is not any restriction, you will be able to load as many products as you want as long as your database server can hold all products ;-). The only issue is that it will take time to import all the products you want

Best regards

Adrián Romero.

<<

Nik Meimarides Meimarides

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:11 pm

I think you mean m_product table not c_product. So, does the IDL handle m_product_po table loading. This is the table that holds a row for ever product vendor combination. 

As an example csv file you have 3 rows:

Product       Vendor     Ven_Product

Hammer     Ven001     Big Hammer

Hammer     Ven002     Large Hammer

Hammer     Ven003     Hammer

I the example you would have one m_product row for hammer and three m_product rows for each vendor.
<<

Adrian Romero

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Hello

Yes, i meant M_PRODUCTS. Answering your question, Initial Data Load does not manage the table M_PRODUCTS_PO that way so it is not posible to import the products table of your example. Here there is the specification of the products fields Initial Data Load imports: http://forge.openbravo.com/plugins/mwiki/index.php/Xidl/Functional_Specifications/Products

Best regards

Adrián Romero.

Return to Discussion